Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Weekly News Update . . . . .

Well it's Tuesday night which could only mean one thing for me . . . . . . . Weigh Watchers!! :-/
After not going last week I was rather worried but I had no need to be, I lost 3 1/2 pounds!! Woooo thats takes my weight loss to just over half a stone this month, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy with that!
So happy that as soon as I got home I went on the treadmill for the second night in a row - mainly because I wanted to watch the next episode of Vampier Diaries!!

My first knitting project is very nearly finished I now have one very long scarf (it's longer than I an tall) the only think is I have to work out how to cast off! I'm not too sure a knitting needle is the ultimate accessory at the moment.



I also completed my first clothing project . . . my skirt I vowed in my last blog to make. I made it on Sunday but have been rather too busy to blog about it. So here it is -





Here's the link if you fancy giving it a go http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/circle-skirt-from-an-old-sheet

The hardest part of the whole thing was trying to sew on a machine in a circle as they only really designed to go in straight lines, so I spent a while unpicking mistakes! But I think the overall finished garment looks nice. What do you think?

I went for my walk Saturday but not with my hubby, I failed miserably trying to get him out so I called on Harry (my life saver!). Off to King Alfred's we went at 9:30 for a wonderful 2 hour stroll, it was a mega cold frosty morning but luckily I was prepared with a big thermos of hot chocolate - low fat/sugar hot chocolate of course! I would show you some pictures but I've just found out the

Check out this for an ice sculpture, we saw it whilst on our lunch break walking into town it was a perfect square -

1 comment:

  1. Your skirt is so cute! hehe.

    I had a lovely time on the walk, so much so I dragged my DH up there on Sunday and had a wonder. Hot choccie was lovely.

    What an odd icicle thingy as well :)

    I can teach you to cast off if you like hun as well! xx

    ReplyDelete