Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Gecko Mummy

Great news people. I'm a leopard gecko mummy! If you remember I breed two of my geckos this year and the first ever eggs Nyx laid everyone told me they wouldn't be fertile. I thought that there's no harm in incubating them just incase.

I thought that they've been getting bigger but didn't want to get my hopes up. I've been checking them every morning and night. When I got home from work I had a little surprise.

This time I have to say to all the 'experts' that you're wrong! Today both of those eggs hatched after 49 days in the incubator 82 oF. Check out these photos of my first gecko babies!

This one was waiting for me when I got home, she's so bright in real life -


Then this little one started breaking free -


This is just after she came right out -


Now running on these dates, I'm hoping that the next two eggs will hatch in about two weeks.

I'll keep you updated!

V xxx

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment