Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 August 2011

Week One of the Weekly Challenge

Yesterday I completed my first week on my weekly challenge. This challenge involves creating something new every week! Week one is completed, I up-cycled this drab vintage dress into a very much needed apron. Here's my before -


I separated the back of the dress from the front and the sleeves, I also removed the buttons as I wanted to use a couple of these later. I used the full back of the dress for the body of the apron.


The front of the dress I cut into strips to use for the ties -


The buttons were just for a little bit of detail -


I wanted to add a pocket on the front so used a sleeve, I literally cut out the seem then attached to the front-


This is the finished item, it a bad picture as it's quite dark but you get the idea. I love the oversized ruffle on the front pocket!


Now I need to think about my project for this week! Any ideas people?

V x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment