Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Busy Week

Sorry for my lack of blogging over the last week, it's been somewhat busy in the Apsey house!
Friday after work I discussed that I should bake two more cakes for the weekend as we were off to see my Gran and my Dad. I couldn't discuss which to go for so I backed a chocolate and coffee one again - I had leftover ingredients.
Saturday morning we left at 8:30am to be at my Grans in Crawley for 11, it was so lovely to see her but a little upsetting at the same time.
We then headed onwards to my Dads in Herne Bay, Kent. We arrived around 3:00pm and after a long chat we all headed out for a walk with his dogs. He's so lucky to live somewhere like this -




We all had good old fish and chips for tea Saturday night.
Sunday morning was another early one, we went out to watch the demolition of three old cooling towers and chimney Richborough Power Station near Sandwich . We thought it would be best to watch from a distance so we didn't get covered in all the dust and soot. The photos weren't too great as we all forgot to take a camera so had to make do with a phone!
Before -




During -




After -




The noise after was absolutely amazing, such a loud deep boom. More amazing was the sound delay from seeing the towers falling to the boom a few seconds afterwards!
It was great to watch this to see the end of an era and a promising future for the land where this old power station once stood.
After this at 9am we went out to walk the dogs again then off for Sunday lunch before a relaxed drive home.
A wonderful, busy, productive weekend. :-D
V xx
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 2

No comments:

Post a Comment