Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 January 2012

Pie Success - Month One

Steak and kidney pie, I followed the Hairy Bikers recipe for steak and mushroom pie but omitted the mushroom for kidney. For my first attempt at a pie it tasted wonderful, the chuck steak and kidney were wonderfully tender and the all butter shortcrust pastry melted in the mouth! But due to inexperience it didn't look too great! Lol I made a meal out of getting it out of the dish too!

Sealing the meat -


Browning the garlic and onions -


Deglazing the pan with red wine -


Pop it all together to go in the oven for 2 hours -


The finished thing, Hubby's -



Mine -





It took around 3 hours to make and I loved every second. It was all to much for my hubby so he played Skyrim and Sookie just slept! Bless her!






I hope you all had a great weekend!

V xx

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment