Powered By Blogger

Saturday 25 February 2012

Soap Making Part One

So for a while I've been looking into soap making. Proper soap making, none of the 'melt and pour' stuff. I'm talking real Shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil etc mixed with lye.

It's taken a couple on months to round up all the tools and ingredients, here's most of them -








My best buy was the wooden soap cutter above, I snapped this up on eBay. The only thing wrong with it was the blade had come out of the handle but all it needed was a little wood glue! So that was a steel at £4.70 that's at least £10 cheaper than a new one!

All the soap moulds were also from eBay £11.00 for 12 Milky Way moulds which normally retail at £5 each.

Heres a couple of photos of me making my first ever soap this afternoon. This is the Lye mix cooling -


This is the melted solid fats and the olive oil -


I was hell of a nervous because of the caustic soda (lye) and i didn't want to get burn by it or destroy anything!

Tomorrow I'll show you photos of the finished soaps :-)

V xxx

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment